Monday, September 21, 2009

Ethics Bowl Reginal Cases

The regional cases for the APPE Ethics Bowl have now been posted!

The Ethics Bowl combines the excitement and fun of a competitive tournament with a valuable educational experience for undergraduate students. In the fall of 2009, ten regional ethics bowls will take place throughout the United States. In February 2010, the top scoring teams in the ten regional ethics bowls (32 total) will compete at the national championship of the IEB in Cincinnati, Ohio at the nineteenth Annual Meeting of the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics (APPE).

For more information on how to participate in a regional ethics bowl competition,and information about the locations and dates of these competitions,please visit APPE's Ethics Bowl page.

1 comment:

MartinEisenstadt said...

It's come to my attention that I am the subject of one of your so-called Regional Ethics Bowl cases (to wit: #9 - "Imaginary Punit"). I am very honored that one think tank, The Center for the Study of Ethics in Professions chooses to study another - my own beloved Harding Institute for Freedom & Democracy - where I am the Sr. Fellow. And I'm especially appreciative that you chose me as the subject of academic study of equal stature with "Synthetic Meat" (#12) and "Sexting"(#1).

But upon reading the brief you have prepared for your students, I must take umbrage with your overall premise that I do not exist. While you cite the so-called "New York Times" article about me from last year, you neglected to quote my own blog wherein I categorically proved that this article was in itself a "hoax."

But as I'm sure you tell your students, don't trust the word of an internet "blog" or a "tweet" or a hastily prepared academic "brief." Rather, I encourage all your participating students (and even those NOT participating) to purchase my upcoming book wherein I very carefully and meticulously detail the proof of my own existence.

The book comes out Nov. 3, though your students can probably get it a bit earlier if they preorder now through Amazon. The book is called "I Am Martin Eisenstadt: One Man's (wildly inappropriate) Adventures with the Last Republicans" and is being published by Farrar, Straus, Giroux - home of 21 Nobel Prize winners, and an equal number of Pulitzer winners. It would appear that the book would be essential reading for your so-called "ethics" bowling. For more information on the book, see this promotional video that my staff prepared. I would also encourage your students to wear their own "I Am Martin Eisenstadt" attire while they are in your bowling competitions to show solidarity with my plight. I believe THAT would be the only ethical response to this situation. And if any of your students have questions for me, they can feel free to contact me through my Facebook Fan Page or the Twitter. Thanks, and good luck to all the bowlers! - Marty.